What if I don’t file a Tax Return?Stimulus Checks for Non-Filers

Are you someone who is not required to file your tax return or who has not filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return for other reasons? You will need to fill out a free online form to identify yourself, your dependents, and give valid direct deposit information so the IRS can send you the Economic Impact Payment (stimulus check). 

You can find the form here: https://www.freefilefillableforms.com/#/fd/EconomicImpactPayment

You DO NOT have to do this if:

  • You receive Social Security, Railroad Retirement, or SSDI benefits. The IRS will automatically send you an Economic Impact Payment.
  • You have already filed a 2019 federal income tax return.
  • Your 2019 gross income exceeded $12,200 ($24,400 for a married couple) or other reasons require you to file a 2019 federal tax return.
  • You were married at the end of 2019 and are not submitting information here with your spouse.
  • You were not a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident in 2019.

Leave a Reply