Many fiscal year ends are quickly approaching and with that, tax returns will begin to be prepared. Below are five reasons why reconciling your bank accounts is important:
- You always know how much cash you have available
- You can give your tax preparer a correct balance at the end of the year
- To make sure you are accounting for all deposits and payments
- To help catch fraudulent charges or theft
- To keep an accurate set of books
There are many great resources available to help you keep accurate books and reconcile your bank accounts. As always, for more information or assistance with this process, please give us a call at 641-236-8083!